50 Journal Prompt Ideas for Kids
Using journal prompts for daily entries are great option for those who either want to take a more creative approach or find it uncomfortable or triggering to write/read about events that take place in your or your co-parent’s home.
The options and topics are endless while using prompts still provide a way to learn about your child and get their creative juices flowing.
General / About Me Journal Prompts
- Which holiday is your favorite and why?
- Which season is your favorite? Least?
- What would your perfect vacation look like?
- What job would you like to have in the future?
- Describe yourself using 3-5 words
- How do you feel about surprises?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What meal would you like to learn to cook?
- What is your favorite kind of weather?
- What famous person would you like to meet?
- Who is your favorite storybook character?
- What is your favorite thing to wear?
- Write about something special you own.
- Describe your perfect birthday cake.
- Would you rather play in the snow or in the sand at the beach?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Finish the sentence: Five years from now, I will be…
- Would you rather see the sunrise or sunset?
- What’s your most favorite memory so far?
- Who is someone famous you’d like to meet and why?
- Who is your best friend and what makes them special?
- What scares you the most?
- What is something you’re grateful for today?
- Who are you grateful for?
- What are you grateful to taste?
- What sound are you grateful to hear?
- What thing are you grateful to touch?
- What are you grateful to smell?
Imaginative Journal Prompts
- If you could go back in the past or future, which would you choose?
- Where would you go if you could fly anywhere?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Plan the perfect picnic. Where would it be? What food would you have?
- What superpower would you like to have?
- If you were president, what would you do?
- If you could be any animal what would it be?
- Would you rather be a bird or fish - why?
- What is your favorite bug?
- What age would you like to be forever?
- If you create and name a new ice cream flavor, what would it be called and what would be in it?
- If you could build a house out of anything, what would it be and why?
- If you could write a book about anything, what would you write about?
- If you could have three wishes, what would it be?
- If you could create a new rule at school, what would it be?
- If you were a teacher, what rules would you make?
- What is your favorite school subject? Why?
- If you were in charge of the classroom for a day, what would your class do?
- What is something that’s hard for you at school?
- Describe what a perfect day at school would look like.
- If you could change anything about school, what would that be?
- If you could learn about anything in school, what would that be?
Hope these help Have a great journal prompt idea? Leave a comment below and let me know!